Thursday 17 February 2011

Needlecraft thats just my cup of tea!

Having watched Kirstie's Homemade Home in the Autumn last year I fell in love with these gorgeous cushions by Emily Peacock. I guess like most people I'd never seen any kind of needlework thats so modern like these designs. I'd had a traditional image of landscape picture or samplers. As a child I'd made many a cross stitch in school holidays and bought my mum a couple of kits a few years back for a Christmas present. She's not quite finished them but is quicker than my sister who's still trying to finish one she started around 15yrs ago!!!

I've just bought myself a kit for 'HUG' and am hoping it doesn't take me as long to do as my sister's 'country companions' kit.

Designers like Emily Peacock and Granny Knits have become firm favourites for me. I'm following them with enthusiasm on Facebook and came across this link on Emily Peacock's page, which is all about contemporary needlepoint. Take a look if you are as keen on this style of work as me and you won't be disappointed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment