Thursday 7 October 2010

So true

I was reading a blog today by a fellow crafter and they'd been told this rhyme recently which I love as it sums up some situations we come across in life perfectly.

" I am not in this world to live up to your expectations,
And you are not in this world to live up to mine.
I am I and you are you.
If we meet and respect each other,
Then it can be beautiful.
If not, then it's too bad."

I don't know about you but I tend to take far too many things to heart and find myself bogged down by other people or beaurocracy at work and could do with remembering this saying. I know I shouldn't be so sensitive but thats easier said than done and there are times I wish I could change my personality to shrug things off more easily but I am who I am and I'm happy with that.

As a secondary school teacher I am constantly put upon to get students ridiculously high grades for their GCSE's. According to the stats people anyone who can get high SATs in yr 6 for eng, maths, science and lives in a nice area is somehow supposed to get an A* for Art!?! Nevermind their artistic skills, lazy attitude or I've gone the extra mile to pull them through the exam course. It drives me mad and is a big cause of stress, perhaps I should think back to this saying next time I'm being quizzed about my students.

Does this saying have resonance with you too? Share it with your friends if so.

No comments:

Post a Comment